Monday, March 07, 2005

The Strange Effects of Tupperware

I took my children to a birthday party yesterday. Given my daughter's food allergies, as usual, I brought cupcakes that I had made that were safe for her. The birthday family, who are friends of mine, enjoy my cupcakes and took them home afterward. My husband asked me later if all the cupcakes had been eaten and I told him probably by now they were because I sent them home with the Hawthornes.

BRIAN: Oh, that was nice. Um...did you, um....did you give them the carrier?
ME: No, I said "here, stick a dozen cupcakes in your pocket."
BRIAN: Oh. Well...I guess we'll get it back.
ME: Whaddaya mean? Of COURSE we'll get it back!
BRIAN: Yeah, I know.

The funny thing is, my friend who I gave it to asked me if the carrier could go in the dishwasher. She has a thing about not wanting anything that she can't put in the dishwasher, so if I had told her no, she probably WOULD have put them in her pocket. Hey girl, you know I love ya.

No comments: