Thursday, March 31, 2005

It's a Miracle!

Today is my son's first birthday. I guess you're figuring the title of my post refers to the miracle of life, of watching a child grow, etc. Yeah, okay, that too, but the real miracle is that in six minutes, I will have officially survived one year of being a mother of three. Okay, I'm much the worse for wear, but not as much as I thought I'd be. The children survived too.

My husband doesn't count. He gets to be all safe at work most of the time. My kids wait until he leaves for work before they all puke simultaneously. Any bones that snap or crunch also do it after he's settled comfortably on the train, reading his newspaper or napping. If I could do that, I probably wouldn't be so cranky. I wouldn't even have to go anywhere. Just three hours on the train sounds good to me. He gets that everyday. THREE HOURS EVERYDAY of nothing and nobody. It's unreal.

3 comments:

Mike Todd said...

Dude, my cousin has three kids, and how y'all keep everyone alive is a mystery to me. Congrats on surviving. Funny post, too - I think I'll send it to her. Or her to it. Regardless, the sending will take place.

Rima said...

Brian is the morning person in our house, so I can usually sleep in, which is nice. He's pretty good about my situation, but he'll never be able to really get it because it's a difficult concept to not be able to take certain things for granted, like showers, going to the bathroom by yourself, etc.

Rima said...

Thanks Mike!