Tuesday, March 15, 2005

My Continual Childhood

Toon Disney has been playing The X-Men and Spiderman cartoons late at night so I TIVO'd them. My kids and I all love them. I wish they still had the Hulk and stuff. I tried to get those from Netflix but they don't have them. I realized something crazy. I still know most of the theme songs. I don't remember Iron Man at all, but I remember almost all of the Hulk, Captain America, and Spiderman.

When Captain America throws his mighty shield
All those who chose to oppose his shield must yield!
When he's lead to a fight and the duel is through
Then the red and the white and the blue comes through
When Captain America throws his mighty shield!

Doc Bruce Banner (something) by gamma rays
Turns into the Hulk.
Ain't he unglamorous?
Wrecking the town with the power of a bull
Ain't no monster clown who is as lovable
As ever loving Hulk!
Hulk! Hulk!

For Thor, I only remember the last line. I can't believe the stupid new music they use for Spiderman. That was a cool song and now it's just chanting "Spiderman, Spiderman". My kids need to learn the real song! It's part of their cultural enrichment!

4 comments:

Eric Carlson said...

That hulk thing.
WoW

-eric: Revolutionary

Eric Carlson said...

That hulk thing.
WoW

-eric: Revolutionary

Anonymous said...

I usually watch Spiderman and especially the Xmen too! Family thinks I'm nuts, so hearing that you do too, Rima, makes me feel better. You can get the Spiderman & Xmen animated series on ebay - there are people who transfer them on to DVDs and sell them. I'm actually thinking of getting myself a set. They probably have the Hulk too.

Donna

Rima said...

Netflix actually does have the first two seasons of X-Men Evolution and they have the Spidey cartoons from 1967, which is probably what we used to watch.