Monday, March 21, 2005

In a Bungalow While Monkeys Play Above-a

There's this animal show on PBS called Zoboomafoo. It's really cool. Where else can you learn that a binturon smells like popcorn? I've never even seen a binturon, much less smelled one. The only drawback is the dumb lemur, who I'd like to skin and make a hat from. What I especially like about the show are the hosts, the Kratt brothers. They are a couple of real cuties, and at first, you don't really notice that, but they start to grow on you, they really do. After about a week, you think "Damn, that Martin is hot!" No, it's not just me. I had another mom point it out to me, and before I knew it, a whole bunch of them agreed. It's just nobody wanted to say anything. I think the Kratts are aware of this, because they make sure to get wet and/or muddy during each episode. Of course, they're perfectly clean and dry in the next scene. If you TIVO it, you can watch it later with your friends as a drinking or betting game.

A friend of mine is an arts/entertainment columnist for a newspaper. She did a phone interview with one of them, but first, she interviewed some kids to find out what they liked best about the show. My daughter was one of them. I think she was four at the time. She summed it up with this:
Knock knock
Who's there?
Panther
Panther who?
Panther no panth, I'm going thwimming!

I'm waiting patiently to see them swimming with no panth, but I think they'd have to make a whole other show for that. I think I'll suggest it to PBS.

4 comments:

Mike Todd said...

This blog is freakin' great. I like it so much I actually went through the trouble to click on some of the archived stuff. I don't expend that kind of energy on just any ole blog.

Rima said...

Darling, you're making me blush. I enjoy your blog as well, and it's always nice to make the aquaintance of another human who uses the word, "freakin'" like it's linguistic salt.

Anonymous said...

Awww. I like the lemur! We used to watch because my younger son has a thing for lemurs. I made a donation to the zoo a few years running so he could "adopt" one. No doing away with the lemur, Rima!

Donna

Rima said...

The REAL lemur is cool. The puppet one needs to die a fiery death.