Sunday, October 01, 2006

Cue Evil Laughter

For the past couple of days, I've been telling my kids that we'll make cookies. Each day, something has ocurred to prevent that. Today I finally had the mixer going and it was time to add the vanilla, but I couldn't find it. I couldn't find it anywhere. I began to panic (come on, you know I'm not the only one who panics when the vanilla has gone MIA) and as I usually do when I panic, I decided to call my husband and ask him if he'd seen it.

He said that he hadn't seen it since a couple of weeks ago and that it had been on top of the pantry cabinet. Now, I'm no fool. I've been with him for twenty years and I know I've learned a thing or two in that time. There's no way his man-eyes would have noticed a bottle of vanilla extract unless he was using it. I remembered he made vanilla oatmeal for the kids. My conclusion is that he used it up and didn't tell me. This is bad. Very bad.

His closing remark was "It's somewhere. Good luck. Bye."

Oh no sir. Good luck to YOU.

No comments: