Tuesday, October 31, 2006

All Done Until Next Year!

Well, we're back and the kids brought in quite a haul. It was enough for Mommy to take a hefty cut. Our neighborhood was much friendlier this year and there were actually no people who irritated me. Did you hear me? NO PEOPLE WHO IRRITATED ME! I'm savoring the moment. I feel so old and crabby. Perfect for answering the door on Halloween.

I normally gear up for Halloween and love it. I just have a hard time wrangling three little monkeys all by myself. I'm out of fire wood, which sucks, because I need to send tasty treats to the otherworld for my ancestors and loved ones who have died. I can't leave them outside because Mr. Squirrel will eat himself sick. I didn't even get pumpkins this year! I did try, but they kept being out of them and I wasn't paying thirty bucks apiece at the pumpkin farm. No way. But that's okay. Tomorrow is lunch at Paula's, and hopefully she'll have some firewood. I can tell the children the story of the wedding of Persephone and Hades. (though of course, I forgot to buy a pomegranate)

Now all I have to do is keep the kids from eating all the candy tonight.

No comments: