Saturday, May 14, 2005

Disney Angst

My daughter was just mentioning that when Kanga and Roo first came to the Hundred Acre Woods, everyone was afraid of them. I'm not even going to explore the social significance of that because I think there's an even greater issue there. Why don't they talk like Aussies? Worse yet, why do all the critters talk like Americans? Aren't they in England? And what are kangaroos doing there anyway? As far as I know, kangaroos, like coconuts, are not migratory. I don't know if an English swallow migrates to Australia anyway and I doubt they could carry a kangaroo, even if they grip it by the husk. African swallows don't even come into play here. Wait, what was I saying? Oh yeah. So why does John Smith, an Englishman played by an Aussie, talk like an American? Okay, so he's played by an Aussie who's really from Poughkeepsie, but we can let that slide. And how much did his mother hate him to go and name him John with a last name like Smith? Then again, not much else goes with it. Reinaldo Smith doesn't really work. Giovanni Smith? Hmmmm, Sebastian! Yeah! That's the rockinest boy's name ever. I'm going to try to dub it onto the dvd. I'll have to ask if we have that technology.

3 comments:

xDaveManx said...

"kangaroos, like coconuts, are not migratory. I don't know if an English swallow migrates to Australia anyway and I doubt they could carry a kangaroo, even if they grip it by the husk. African swallows don't even come into play here"

LOL. I'm impressed. A fellow Knight of Ni!!!

Rima said...

I'm far more impressed that you read that far!

xDaveManx said...

You must cut down the tallest tree. . . in the wood. . . WITH. . . a HERRING!!!