Friday, July 07, 2006

Mr. Mojo

That's my husband. I felt it the very moment I met him. Unfortunately, when he leaves, he takes it with him. He's been in LA for about two weeks. When he goes, things break and the kids get sick or injured. Alex had her arm splinted on Wednesday. I have just bought a new vacuum cleaner, new shower curtain rod, mop, and lawnmower. (I will not get into the whole sordid tale of the lawnmower and the Home Depot shuffle, leading me to finally just order it from Amazon and hire someone to mow this week.)

So today he calls me and tells me in a very ominous tone, "we need to talk about something". All within a split second, I think we're getting a divorce, he has cancer, we're declaring bankruptcy, the IRS is sending us to prison. No, it's just that they need him for another week in LA. Okay, so whatever. So I thought that maybe the light bulbs would go out or something. Nope. Instead, I have developed a nasty sore throat. Crap. Well, at least the car is okeedokee so far. Let's hope it stays that way. And the plumbing. And the stove. And the washer and dryer. And the rest of the kids' bodies.

Tomorrow sounds like a good day to do a full moon blessing. Assuming I'm not delieriously febrile and vomiting.

1 comment:

Christina Wible said...

Hope the moon didn't fall on your head whilst you were doing the blessing. Seriously though it sounds like you need a blessing or a mitzva or something. Hang in there...this too will pass (thoughts on a get well card a friend got when he had kidney stones).