Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Weird Science

I've got a refrigerator experiment going. (By this I'm referring to a specific one that I'm doing on purpose, not the mysterious tupperwares in the back that I'm not going anywhere near and prefer to leave for archaeologists to deal with.)

Anyway, I bought some stew meat. I defrosted it but never got to use it. It turned brown like spoiled meat does, and I forgot about it for a couple of days and it was still all brown and nasty and ready to be tossed. When I went to toss it a couple of days later, it was red again. Not kidding. And almost two weeks later, it's still looking fresh as a daisy. So I'm leaving it there to see how long this will go on and what, if anything will happen next.

It's not supposed to do this is it? What did they do to this meat to make it do such a thing? This is scary. I'm buying organic from now on. It's like it's undead. I wonder if it's feeding upon the other stuff in the fridge to keep its youth. Maybe I should skewer each chunk with a wooden toothpick and put garlic all over it. If anything weird happens, I'll let you know.

2 comments:

Christina Wible said...

Ohhh...sounds very twilight zone. My experiments are all a result of sloth. I have a milk one going as we speak and a Turkey too, I think. I remember hearing a comedienne once talking about the time she opened the fridge and took out a lime. She knew she didn't buy limes and then realized it used to be a head of lettuce. All together now. ewwwwwwww.

Rima said...

Oh yeah, I've had those moments plenty of times. Scary stuff.