Wednesday, July 20, 2005

An "Is it Me?" Thought

Sometimes there are things that I find to be common sense no-brainers. Obvious enough, yet nobody else seems to think so. I don't know why. My current example is this supreme court justice poo. Each president tries to tip the balance by appointing a conservative or liberal judge. I don't understand this at all. Aren't the scales of justice supposed to be level? Isn't justice supposed to be blind? Don't they have that very statue in front of their courthouse? I would think that appointing a judge with a liberal or conservative record would be unconstitutional. I would think that they don't qualify because the supreme court is supposed to be neutral and serve the entire country, not just the groups that happen to agree with the current administration. Shouldn't only judges with an even track record be allowed to serve? And let's remind them of that while we're at it, that they're supposed to SERVE us, not rule over us. I think it's probably something they forget, having been appointed for their personal opinions. Really, does this make sense to anyone else and why does nobody mention it?

1 comment:

Christina Wible said...

You are being logical. Stop it this minute! :)