Saturday, July 23, 2005

I'm baking a carrot cake today. I was looking at some online reviews of the recipe I'm using and some were pretty amusing. There's one chick who was displeased because it didn't come out good at all, even though she "followed the recipe EXACTLY". Then she goes on to tell about the substitutions she made, and the adjustment in baking time because she has a special kind of oven that bakes differently. Uh, okay. And then she complained because she had made it for her boyfriend who is "VERY PICKY" and she was afraid to give him any because she knew he wouldn't like it and now she had nothing to give him. Honey, dump the loser. If I spent that much work on something, my husband would eat it and if it tasted like crap, he'd just toss it aside and...well, nevermind. He'd appreciate my efforts.

Another person said the cake was "Excellent!" but then said hers never actually baked all the way and was mostly raw. Hmmm, okay. One lady said that the cake is her husband's new best friend. I assume then, that nobody is allowed to eat it. Then there's the person who said it came out "better than a pastry chef". Well, maybe, maybe not. Has he ever tried a pastry chef?

One person said it's "good but very unhealthy". It's CAKE! You know, as in dessert? Sweets? Treats? No good for you? Silly person. Okay, it's true that I tend to use carrot cake as a meal substitute, but at least I know what I'm doing. I don't tell myself, "hey, you know what would be better for me than some grilled chicken and salad?" Well, I'm off to grate more carrots now. Mmmm...

No comments: