Sunday, July 24, 2005

Happy Happy Joy Joy

Wolvietat had been tagged by another blogger to list ten things that bring her joy throughout the day. I thought that was nice. I'll give it a shot, though it changes with the seasons. Here are my current happy moments, in random order.

1. Watching my son's cheek fat jiggle when he walks
2. The smell of the trees
3. The sound of the dishwasher
4. Hearing my daughter practice the piano and realizing she's my daughter
5. The sound of the cicadas (but not the sight! Eew! shoot me!)
6. Seeing my husband's number on the caller ID
7. Reading a new story post at Jackman's Table
8. Coffee
9. Seeing the children snuggled up together
10. When my daughter mispronounces something cute

Oh hell, let's add some more. I could use the encouragement.

11. The feel of wool and wooden knitting needles
12. The moment my husband finally comes to bed and I snuggle up and fall asleep
13. My son trying to play peekaboo
14. The sight of a freshly weeded garden bed
15. The smell of the garden
16. The sight of all the cute, wiggly little toes in this house
17. SNIKT!

Okay, I'm too tired to think of any more. Nighty night.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just don't let him (you know which one) see the list. Only #17! Though I think he'd understand not being #1. You have so many other wonderful things there.

Ladycape

Rima said...

Well, they're in no particular order but I'm sure he wouldn't mind.