Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Oh Those Keebler Elves

Yesterday was solstice eve. I made a nice dinner and my mom visited. I made baked alaska for dessert. My mom, who is culinarily retarded, once had it on a cruise, maybe twenty-five years ago, and was filled with wonder. All that time, she's wanted someone to make it for her. I don't know why it never occurred to me to do it. She just can't fathom baking ice cream. I tried to explain it to her once but she stopped me and said not to ruin the magic for her. Ooookay. So anyway, I surprised her and she was thrilled and took pictures. She never expected that a mere mortal could ever do this. Then she finally asked me to explain it to her and I did and it just did not compute. She said you can't bake ice cream. So I told her it's elven magic. That she accepts.

No comments: