Saturday, September 16, 2006

Something that's bothered me for years

Focault pendulums. Yes, I really do think about these things. I mean, I understand the concept of how they are supposed to work, I just don't understand why they DO. Wouldn't they only work at the poles? What keeps them swinging? I suppose I could google it, huh? Maybe when I'm in Boston I'll go to the museum of science, (thought the idea of going on a Saturday isn't pleasant) and pester a nice staff member who will think I'm completely retarded or something.

3 comments:

Christina Wible said...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foucault_pendulum


Man you made me look it up. I hadn't thought of it since I read the book.

Rima said...

I googled it. What book?

Christina Wible said...

Foucault's Pendulum by Umberto Eco. One of those books you read a paragraph at a time and then take three days to digest it.