Thursday, September 28, 2006

Fug Relief

I went to the mall today. I don't go often so I hadn't seen the stuff for this season until now. This is a great shoe season, and boy do I love shoes. I've spent the past few years full of shoe crankiness due to all the fug that was being sold. It was frustrating to know that even if I had the money, which sometimes I did, I was unable to buy shoes because there weren't any decent ones to buy. Now, of course, I don't have the money, though I do need new shoes.

Recently, Craig said that you can control women with shoes. It's frighteningly close to being true. And "how many pairs of black velvet shoes do you need?" is an incredibly stupid question so don't ever ask it. If you have to ask, there's no way you'll understand the answer.

I dress backwards. I find a great pair of shoes and then think, "what clothes will I need to go with these?" Clothes are just there to enhance my shoes. (and of course, for legal reasons)

My husband claims not to understand my shoe obsession. I explain to him the differences between the uses for each pair to no avail, and yet I am constantly tripping on his three pairs of sneakers, four pairs of moccasins, four pairs of utility boots, etc. and he claims to need them all for different reasons, though he really only wears one or two and refuses to throw out the shoes that don't fit him. I wish there were some way to parlay this into some kind of fashion/grooming sense, but I haven't found it yet. He likes to get his hair cut by "the Russian guy in the subway." For that alone, I deserve new shoes.

No comments: