Saturday, June 09, 2007

I Give Up

Quite a while ago, as in six months to a year, (can't remember) I bought a carbon fiber bow. I have not yet gotten to try it out. It's reconditioned, so I don't know if it's got new hair or it was just cleaned, but in any case, it is completely clean, and I have spent an hour and a half trying to put rosin on it, and I still can't get any sound out of it. I only wanted to practice for a half hour or so. I have to get up relatively early tomorrow to get my kids where they need to be on time, otherwise I would stay up and conquer the damn thing! I remember going through this with my old bow. Grrrrr. Frustrating. On the plus side, Grandpa's mando sounds great.

3 comments:

Christina Wible said...

And I went dumpster diving the other day when I went to put my garbage out and came out with a very serviceable and beautiful sounding Yamaha guitar. No cracks, no twists, a bit of over-the-hill lettuce but nothing that wasn't fixable. Hmmm. Am I becoming one of those old ladies who pick trash?

Anonymous said...

Wow, Chris. That's quite a find. Perhaps someone was angry at the boyfriend. BTW, the verification word is "laznugs". I wonder what those are. They sound either painful or complicated to use. Or tasty.

Christina Wible said...

Laznuts are the things that you threaten to screw into your kids when they are too lazy to take out the trash.