Tuesday, May 08, 2007

My life, my job, my curse, is to find shoes

I went shopping yesterday and today. Shopping can either be a triumph or a disaster. It was a little of both, but mostly good. All the kids have their summer shoes, FINALLY, after going to a million stores. I didn't do so well. Nothing yesterday, but I did find my very favorite nail polish ever, which I will probably use tonight. It's kind of the color of a blood clot. I find that a good pedicure really helps a writer. At least this writer.

Today I went to a store that had more than one pair of shoes that I actually wanted. I was so excited. So I asked for both in a 7 1/2. One was a size too big, one a size too small. Nice. Both 7 /12. Both the last pair. So I got the ones that were too big because I couldn't stop myself. They're black, slip-on sneakers with white, rubber toes and they have purple, white, and grey skulls all over them. That's right purple. Bonus- the skulls' eye sockets are heart-shaped. It's like they were designed for me. Except in the wrong frickin' size. My hips and back will punish me for this. Maybe that will force me back into my yoga. I also found the lip gloss of my dreams there for $1.29, so it's all good.

Now I need to reformulate my plan. I must obtain more shoes, but where? Hmmm...

2 comments:

Christina Wible said...

There's this pair of yellow/green plaid frayed sneakers over at local story. For many reasons, too flat, too garish, I shouldn't buy them but I WANT THEM!

Christina Wible said...

Store.. not story...sheesh, I have my head in publishing.