Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Feeling Like an Impostor

I went to my first board meeting last night. I still have no idea who nominated me, or why. Anyway, they were talking about things like endowment funds, consulting contracts, etc., and I just kind of wondered what I was doing there. It's not that I'm not useful. I can write jokes, knit all kinds of things, and pour stuff into a bottle without using a funnel. Perhaps one of these skills will come in handy at one or two meetings. I'm figuring that this will be good practice in case I ever become an adult. Oh, and did I mention that I have a vote on every decision? Wish us luck.

2 comments:

CTJen said...

Good night and gods-speed.

Christina said...

I think the bottle skill is going to be the sleeper skill that will save the board when they need help the most.