Wednesday, October 19, 2005

In Case You Are Wondering

I'm sitting here NOT making six dozen pumpin-shaped, orange frosted cookies. I'm not doing the tons of laundry that need to be done. I'm not doing any school lessons with the kids, and I'm not out shopping for stuff I need in the next few days. Well, well. I did, however, eat breakfast, get relatively dressed, and do a load of dishes. Hearing the dishwasher going is always encouraging to me.

I'm not particularly tired as I sometimes am, and I'm not feeling blue or anything. The kids aren't being evil. I just feel like sitting here. For no particular reason. Just sitting here. Well, my ritalin is kicking in, and that always brings me to my senses. I swear that damn pill practically talks to me. "Now Rima, it's not so hard. Just go over there, and do this. See? That was simple. Now do this. That's it, you're doing great! It's not complicated at all."

So in a few minutes, I will be mixing cookie dough while the kids have their elevensies. Then we'll clean up the foodage and I'll work on Alex's history project with her while guiding Stevie through whatever workbook section she feels like working on. I will, at that time, be completely ignoring the screaming and the crayon missiles being launched by my son. And then, Idunno. Piano, lunch, laundry, math, desperate need for a nap, suddenly inspired Jackman's Table entry... could be anything.

2 comments:

Rima said...

Thanks, but no, not really. I don't have to have my kids out the door at a certain time, with the proper food, homework, clothes, etc. I don't have to deal with teachers and administrators. I don't have to try to help them with homework that I don't understand because I'm not in their class. I don't have to force them to sleep at a certain time so they can start all over again in the morning. I do what I want to do, when I want to do it. I couldn't handle NOT homeschooling. It would be one big ball of frustration for me.

Christina Wible said...

I never thought of those reasons for home schooling. They're great! Especially for us from the land of the greatly confused, different people.

Oh and the verification word of the day is uqdiple. What?