Saturday, May 07, 2005

EEW!!!! BOY COOTIES!!!!!!!!!

I took my kids to a birthday party today. It was at a K of C hall. The ladies' room was on our floor, the men's room was in the basement. There was a little boy there, about six years old. He had to pee. He couldn't find the men's room so he used the ladies' room, which was empty. Well, when some of the girls saw him go in, they freaked out and in turn so did their parents. I couldn't figure this out. The poor kid had to pee. What could possibly happen to the world by him using the upstairs bathroom? If we took the sign off the door would it have been okay? It was discussed in whispers during lunch, so as not to offend the kid's mother. I have to wonder about these people. See, in my house, we have the upstairs bathroom and the downstairs bathroom. If you're upstairs, you use the upstairs bathroom and if you're downstairs, you use the downstairs bathroom. Apparently, these people segregate by gender in their houses. Weird. I'm still trying to figure out what horrors have befallen the females at the party because of that supposed reckless menace to society.

1 comment:

chaeign said...

I have two daughters, and if there's urgency involved we ignore the sign on (single occupancy) bathrooms. I don't think I'd feel comfortable walking in to a room full of peeing guys, but I've waited outside the women's room at Duchess for 15 minutes, watching men go in and out of their room, and it seemed stupid not to use it. I always feel kind of sneaky, though.

Little kids, like little dogs, need to pee at the first available place. Be glad it was the women's room and not the K of C kitchen. People need to get over their gender hangups. Sheesh.